Guidelines to Dress for Success
The purpose of the Paredes Standardized Dress Code is to create a unified academic focus on the campus.
All rules are enforced the moment students arrive on campus in the morning.**
Polo shirts only! No dress shirts permitted.
- 6th grade will wear solid color Yellow/Gold collared polo-style shirt with long or short sleeves.
- 7th grade will wear solid color Gray collared polo-style shirt with long or short sleeves.
- 8th grade will wear solid color Navy blue collared polo-style shirt with long or short sleeves.
- Undershirts or camisoles worn under polo shirts MUST be WHITE only.
- Shirts must be no larger than 1 size above the student’s body size.
- NO EMBELLISHMENTS, WRITING or LOW NECKLINES. Only a small logo permitted (~1”)
Shirts must be tucked in. Belts are required. Khaki or Navy Blue pants or shorts are acceptable.
Shirts must be tucked in. Belts are required. Khaki or Navy Blue pants, capris, shorts, skirts, or skorts are acceptable.
- Tennis shoes or closed-toed shoes (loafers, deck shoes, etc.) Sandals with backing
- NO HOUSE SHOES, SLIPPERS, SOLID RED OR SOLID ROYAL BLUE SHOES
- Solid color sweaters, sweatshirts, or hooded sweatshirts- ALL MUST BE FITTED TO THE WAIST.
- Colors for sweatshirts are as follows: 6th grade (Yellow/Gold/Gray), 7th grade (Gray), and 8th grade (Navy Blue)
- Paredes club or organization sweatshirts/Hoodies
- No graphics, embellishments, or writing on garments; collars MUST BE visible and worn outside all garments
- All outerwear must be worn as they are intended and may NOT be Over or Undersized.
- Outerwear regulations are subject to temperature.
- Students may wear any college wear to promote College Readiness with jeans or khaki pants. No hats or tank tops.
School Spirit T-Shirt Fridays
- Students may wear Paredes club or Paredes organization t-shirts and sweatshirts on Fridays.
- Akins and college school spirit shirts/sweatshirts are also allowed.
- Paredes school-approved t-shirts will be sold throughout the year.
- No electronic devices are allowed on campus the moment students arrive in the morning. Cell phones that are visible may be confiscated and returned to a parent after two (2) days with a $15.00 administrative charge set forth by the district. Cell phones are allowed after school.
- No rosaries of any color are allowed. No wallet chains, spiked necklaces, spiked bracelets, or open fingered gloves. All tattoos must be covered.
- Ear piercings only. No spiked earrings, no large hoop earrings, (earnings must be quarter size or smaller), no gauges.
- No caps or Head do-rag covers of any kind on school campus.*
- Hair must be a natural color and no designs may be cut into the hair or eyebrows. No hairstyles that may distract from the learning environment may be worn in the hair (i.e. Mohawks, slashes, drawings, two-tone, letters). Faux hawks cannot be higher than 2 inches.
- Other items prohibited in the AISD Student Dress Code are also prohibited.
- Other items that are distraction to the educational process are prohibited.
*Religious or medical exemptions to any of the items in this dress code may be submitted to the principal for approval prior to enrolling in school.
**The administration has the final determination for the appropriateness of any dress code item** revised 7/31/18